Sunday, September 25, 2011

Living near the lake is Great!!

I know I've mentioned several times before that living near a big body of water is such a blessing and to be able to take a short drive and end up at a beach that looks like the ocean, is truly a god send.
I can't tell you how fortunate I feel to be able to visit the beauty of this area and I never want to take any of it for granted.  I grew up living in a family who loved to swim, and spend time at the beach and I like to think that has carried over into my own children, because all of them seem to be drawn to the water and the serenity that it often instills in your being.
A walk out onto the pier and stand on the end watching a wave coming in and trying to determine if its going to crash over the end or just gently flow by can be mesmerising.

Then the beauty of a sun set is never disappointing, God paints the sky differently everytime I'm there and puts a smile on my face because I know He paints them for my pleasure.
Right now, we have Art Prize going on in Grand Rapids a city about 20 miles east of me, but here in Grand Haven we also have a little known Art Walk going on and its a smaller version of local artists showing their talent. There are paintings, sculptures, photography and the fish are everywhere there is a business. Like the one you see below, each business has decorated them they way they want to advertise the business. Personally, I think the fish are a bit wierd but they have started to grow on me after walking around looking at the unique and inovative ways to decorate a fish with all kinds of materials.
Art Walk in Grand Haven runs through Oct. 8th so grab a coat and come out to see some more art. Just keep in mind you may also need mittens were close to the water and there is a chill in the air.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mari said...

That first photo is beautiful! I'm going to have to try to make it to Artwalk too.

Brenda said...

Awesome picture! Love the first one especially.
Have a great week!

Sally said...

The pic of the sunset is stunning!

Connie said...

Your picturees are beautiful. We are truly blest to live so close to the water.

Shelly said...

Nancy, you always amaze me with your stories. I could keep reading and reading and then it ends and I want to read more.
Love the photos!

I also think it is great that we can get to the lake in no time at all and enjoy it like an ocean. Feel free to swim in it without worrying about sharks!

Anonymous said...

REALLY MOM!!!! Great Story. I do love the water. But the last photo. UUgghh.

Blessed Beyond said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. That is pretty funny about the taco pie and your granddaughter. I would love to live by the lake. Love your catch o' the day picture! I am going to start following and read your blog! Seems like a wonderful place! Have a great day!
Blessings,