Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Works for Me Wednesday

Can you believe it, wednesday sure rolls around fast, but yup sure enough its here again.

Do you realize that alka-seltzer can be use for other things beside relief from over eating or a bad headache or cold.


My husband uses a thermos vacuum bottle every week to take with him when he goes to the flea market to sell the things he has collected over the week from garage sales. Its his little hobby job & keeps him busy. Anyway, I find that it is not always easy to get the residue from either coffee or milk that he has had in the thermos totally out & clean. I don't do this every week but maybe once a month & it gets the thermos sparking clean. Just partly fill the thermos with water and drop in two tablets of alka-seltzer, let them soak for a few hours, then swish around, and rinse well with water. Whalla.... A fresh clean smelling thermos ready for the next use...
Check out more at Rocks in my dryer.

5 comments:

Mari said...

I never heard of this. Bob has one of those insulated cups he drinks coffee from at work. I'll have to try it.

Miranda said...

This is a great tip! My kids have thermos for their lunch boxes and I can't get my hand in them to clean them well. I will have to try this.

Laura said...

That's a good idea! I wonder if it would work to clean other things too. I'll have to try it.

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Great idea! I have used alka-seltzer in the laundry before I knew about Oxiclean!

Thanks for sharing!

Katrina in Wa. said...

I hate old Thermos smell. I am going to have to try this.