Saturday, October 27, 2012

Father and son bonding time, so to speak

Here I am again with a sporadic post. I think I mentioned that we have an over abundance of leaves this year and for some reasons they seem to be extra large.  We have eight huge oak trees that line our drive way and most of the leaves come from them but we also have a small wooded area on the back of our property line.  With all the wind and rain we have had it hasn't been possible to get out there to clean them up, so they have continued to accumulate as you can see. This is a picture of part of our back yard and the rest of the yard looks the same or worse.
 
Sweetman enlisted the help of the youngest son to help clean up. Not that he was so eager to be enlisted for yard work but he was a big help. They started this morning about 10am and never quit until 3:45pm when the job was finally finished. Said leaves are now out in the road burning away to a small patch of ashes.
 
 All kinds of equipment was used to make the task somewhat less tedious, they had blowers, the tractor with the bags on but they filled up so fast it was almost more work to make only one trip across the yard and empty the bags each pass.
 So out came the big blower and the tarps.
 Of course rakes were needed, that was real manual labor. I like these pictures of Father and son bonding as I called it today.Working along side each other in cooperation.

 
 Fortunately the weather was pleasant with sun shining most of the day and not to much of a wind, but just enough of a breeze to keep the sweat off the brow.
While they were out slaving bonding with each other and nature, I was whipping up a batch of vegetable soup to take over to my daughters for lunch to share with my granddaughter and great grand son. We then took a ride over to the Post Family Farm to have a little fun at the petting farm, riding a horse and buying some of the best donuts on the face of the earth, (according to some) they are better than Krispy Kremes.
It was a pretty productive day and I think Sweetman is pretty worn out, as a matter of fact he is at present snoozing in his big chair as I write this. Bonding with nature can be exhausting.

4 comments:

Mari said...

What a job! I think I would prefer the way you spent your day than his. However, he has the satisfaction of a job well done!
We picked up a few of those wonderful donuts yesterday. It's probably the last ones of this season.

Connie said...

You mentioned the donuts - wow! they are delicious.
A nap is always in order after a hard days work.

suan zhang said...

When the red sole shoes are good high quality, women do not care when they are manufactured in the actual U. S.

Anonymous said...

A person essentially help to make significantly articles I would state.

That is the first time I frequented your web page and so far?

I surprised with the research you made to create this
actual put up incredible. Wonderful job!

Here is my web page; http://www.bringnewshoes.com/