Sunday, December 18, 2011

Looking at sin in a different way





Got any unresolved hurts or disagreements between you and someone else, either in the family or friends, work place or boss??? Maybe something you have put off doing because it involves swallowing your pride, or cause embarrasment. Just let it slide and it will go away~~~  Have you ever thought of sin in this way before?? Yeah, me neither~~
I got this little email devotional just the other day and it hit home. I rarely thought of sins of omissions but I know I will be more aware of it from now on.
Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.
James 4:17, NLT
We tend to think that doing wrong is sin. But James tells us that sin is also not doing right. (These two kinds of sin are sometimes called sins of commission and sins of omission.) It is a sin to lie; it can also be a sin to know the truth and not tell it. It is a sin to speak evil of someone; it is also a sin to avoid him or her when you know he or she needs your friendship. We should be willing to help as the Holy Spirit guides us.
If God has directed you to do a kind act, to render a service, or to restore a relationship, do it. You will experience a renewed and refreshed vitality to your Christian faith

3 comments:

Connie said...

This is a great thought..I wonder how many times I am guilty of doing just than. thanks for the reminder.

Mari said...

Wow - that really hits me too. How many times have I sinned in this way? Far too many, I'm afraid. Good reminder.

Anonymous said...

Amen!! Got me thinking,:)