Friday, January 21, 2011

Beauty is not always nice

ole' Man winter why don't you leave ???
I have a three day week end and didn't have to get out on the roads this morning. As I was dressing and listening to the radio all I kept hearing was about another slide off or semi-truck jack knifed on the highway, fortunately most were without injury just fender benders of sorts.
I enjoyed a few hot cups of coffee, some time with the Lord, and just now noticed the bird feeder is getting pretty low in sunflowers seeds. The Nuthatches, Juncos, Cardinals, woodpeckers and pesky Blue jays will soon be protesting. Spring can't get here fast enough but I am afraid it will be awhile yet, so I just better adjust my attitude and accept this another few layers of white stuff.My wind chime you see here was really making music last night but has quieted now long enough for me to catch a picture. Funny how things look so different snow covered and white.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Mari said...

The beauty of the snow is it's redeeming factor. As for the cold and slippery roads, I've had enough! :)

Connie said...

I have sympathy for you working gals having to get out early each morning in the cold and snow. When the weather is cold and snowy I can just stay home.

Anonymous said...

Your trees in the background laden with snow........there is nothing, in my opinion, that compares. I love it!

Cherdecor

Susan said...

Lovely picture. Glad we don't have that much snow :o)

Cathy said...

Sorry about all that wintry weather, my friend. I know it has got to be hard getting back and forth from work in that weather. We can just keep thinking about Spring. :)

Brenda said...

I hear ya! Though we haven't had the many snowstorms, it's been really cold. Today was a little better and I was able to get out for a walk. I'm determined to take advantage of every nice day.
As much as I like Spring...and want Spring...I holding on the the scripture "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." So today I will be glad!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.