Thursday, March 26, 2009

I found some signs, sure nuff!!

I just had to show you this, can you see them??? It really is spring!!! Yee Haw, just this evening we went for a walk and found these little signs in our front yard.. I'm finally convinced. They must have just popped up because I have been watching closely for any kind of signs.





This little shoot is the beginings of a hyacinth, if I remember right they will be purple.







This here is a crocus, I got so excited I didn't even move the dried up leaf out of the picture.













And these are the first sprouts of daylillies that are a brilliant yellow.

I have been seeing post all over blogville of flowers popping up and longed to have a few signs in my own yard. It seems we are always a bit later then others being so close to the big lake makes a difference.

Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!!! Psalm 106:1

Makes my heart happy.

11 comments:

Mike Golch said...

I love this time of year,every thing is pretty and fragrent.

Mari said...

I found some crocus almost ready to bllom in my yard too - I know they weren't there yesterday!

SnoWhite said...

love it! happy spring :) Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Cathy said...

Alright! Happy you are seeing some signs ~

All My Blessings said...

The weather is to be nice again tomorrow and so I'll be outside digging around for some new life. Kae I can't wait ;)

Jen said...

We have finally started to see signs of spring here in NY. Today it will be 50! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Well, FINALLY!!! I knew you would find them. . .My hyacinth just popped up too. . I am so happy for you!!!!Spring is here:)

Anonymous said...

I love the signs of spring. I like to parallel it with hope.

marina said...

thanks for sharing love the pictures these really is a pretty time of year ") marina

Patricia said...

Hi Nancy! You know, I am so spoiled down here in south Florida, but we did have a couple of very hard back to back freezes this year that did considerable damage to our usual year-round flora. I'm sure you are thrilled to discover these signs that spring is just on the edge of exploding in full color!

Thank you so much for stopping by to read "Washing the Feet of the Saints." God bless you, dear one, for your call to work in a nursing home. Your task is huge and I praise God every day for Christians who choose the lesser pay and difficult working conditions that come from working in a nursing home. My call is not to be critical of the work you do, but to encourage families to choose a different option for their loved ones and I pray that nothing I write in my book will offend you and others who are dedicated to their work there - and hope that you will feel free to tell me if I have done so.

Blessings!

Bonnie said...

Oh hooray !! Spring !!! We're heading into Autumn here in Australia ...