Sunday, February 22, 2009

Beautiful Christian Sister

Beautiful Christian Sister

By Maya Angelou



A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.



When I say..."I'm a Christian, I'm not shouting I'm clean living.
I'm whispering "I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven."


When I say...I am a Christian, I don't speak this with pride
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be by guide.



When I say...I am a Christian" I'm not trying to be strong
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.



When I say...I am a Christian I'm not bragging of success
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.



When I say...I am a Christian I'm not claiming to be perfect.
My flaws are far to visible, but God believes I am worth it.



When I say...I am a Christian I still feel the sting of pain.
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.



When I say... I am a Christian I'm not holier than thou.
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!!!



Pretty is as Pretty does... But beautiful is just plain beautiful!!!!

I was sent this via email from a special friend and felt it spoke volumes, maybe it will boost another woman's self esteem so she will know she is cared about. Pass it on if you like.

6 comments:

Mari said...

This is really good!

Susan said...

I had received this before. It was nice re-reading it and being reminded.
Susan

All My Blessings said...

This poem was in a church bulletin a long time ago. I cut it out and it's on the cork board still. It's great....Kae

Anonymous said...

Love that. . so very true:)
Have a great week:)

Monkey Giggles said...

I love them all. This one really says it all. A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her. Thank you for sharing these.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your encouraging words about Picture My Thoughts.

I have a blog that I use now at
http://shadowfeet.tumblr.com

I am going to be speaking tomorrow and taping a television show about our son's death, drinking and driving.

Would you please pray for me? The taping begins in front of a live audience at 2 p.m. eastern time.

The line about the "sting of pain" and calling upon His Name is where I am at right now.

I know God will hold me up.