Saturday, November 22, 2008

Awards and Meme's

This is a fun bookworm meme from two of my friends, Kae and Mari. the rules are to open a book that is nearest to you and turn to page 56, write the 5th sentence on that page and also the next 2-5 sentences. I have sitting next to me a devotional "Streams in the Desert" that was given to me by my daughter in law when my father passed away it has been a true friend. Here's what the 5th sentence says, its part of a poem.
"Whose homeless feet have pressed our path of pain, Whose hands have borne the burden of our sorrows, That in our losses we might find our gain.

Mari, also honored me with a bloggy friend award but I can't get the picture to upload so if you want to see what it looks like you'll have to visit her blog. Thanks Mari and Kae you are both good friends and have great blogs.
I'm not one to pass awards on much mostly because most of you already have been given either one or both or more so feel free to just join in with all the rest of us.

7 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Nancy - thanks for being such a good friend! Both in real life and the blogging world!

Sandra said...

Looks like the bookworm meme is making it's way around blogland :)

I enjoyed reading your answer.

Have a wonderful night Nancy.

All My Blessings said...

I've enjoyed this award. I've found that every 5th sentence and those that follow are interesting. How fun!!thank you..Kae

Anonymous said...

I will have to try this. . .That must be a very special book to you:)
Have a Blessed week:)

Mike Golch said...

Nancy, blogger is really messed up right now.I tried to post thw award on my site as well and could not. I did manange to post the award on my other blog on wordpress. Blogger is acting up again,sigh.

Dawn said...

Nice to meet you, Nancy. I found you through Knitting Kat. Have a different volumn of Streams in the Desert here ..... must check out page 56 .....

Dawn said...

Correction ..... Thro' a Glass Darkly was where I found you ...