Maybe this is the way to teach the 10 Commandments today! Maybe then people would 'get it' and it wouldn't be construed as religious. West Virginia Ten Commandments Some people in West Virginia have trouble with all those 'shalls' and 'shall not's' in the Ten commandments. Folks just aren't used to talking in those terms.. So, some folks in West Virginia got together and translated the 'King James' into 'Country' language..... no joke, read on... The Hillbilly's Ten Commandments (posted on the wall at First Baptist Church in Summersville, West Virginia)
(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' before God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin'
7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(8) Don't take what ain't yers
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin'
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
Now that's kinda plain an' simple, don't ya think?
Y'all have a nice day!!!!!