Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wreaths continued

I couldn't get this last picture to load on the last post, just call me a blogging retard, anyway here is the one I choose to put on my front door. I forgot to mention I used some hydrangea's out of my garden on this one & was instructed by Karla one of our wise hosts & ever helpful guide that I must use three & not two, because with only two, it gives the appearance of boobs, yes you read that right, boobs so as you can see I used three in a cluster. We got a good laugh with that statement. I think we all felt this sense of accomplishment when we were done, each having added touches that were unique to each wreath making them special, kinda like each person is unique & loved & special to our God who made us all different but in His image, priceless!!

I dare say that if you were to buy any one of them in a store it would sell for $30-$40 so that in itself was a savings, not to mention that the shrubs got pruned.

9 comments:

Saija said...

i am so impressed with your wreath making ... i was admiring it at mari's ... :o) ... it's also a sweet thing to do at your parents resting place ... very personal and a nice memorial ...

Unknown said...

Thanks Saija, copme visit any day & praying yours is a good one!

Laura said...

Your wreath did turn out beautiful! And I'm glad to see you do not have a bosom on your wreath! :) It's a good thing we have Karla around to keep us from making mistakes like that... :)

Mari said...

I love your wreath and am very happy you did not decorate it with anything that looked improper!

Terri said...

All of your wreaths really turned out nice - especially that 3rd combined effort one Haha. Oh, we had fun that night didn't we? I'm looking around for ideas for next year.

Cheri said...

I can't wait for next year. It was such a fun night. The wreaths turned out so nice and it's so fun to be able to say we made them ourselves.

Cathy said...

That is a very pretty wreath. You are definitely talented.

Anonymous said...

You guys all did such a great job! Sounds like it was a fun night with some great gals to fellowship with.

Myra said...

That's really pretty. I haven't even begun to decorate yet....

---Myra