Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Annual wreath making night

For the last 3-4 years these lovely ladies you see in the first picture have invited a few friends into their home to have a wreath making evening to kick off the Christmas season. They clip & trim their shrubs & evergreens in the yard to use to make the wreaths. I think the first year there were 3-4 ladies & this year it has been expanded to 12-13 & now includes a lovely soup & sandwich supper, topped off with fantastic desserts, all presented in elegant fashion.
Here you see an array of different greenery that we were offered to use, this year a few of us brought clipping from our own gardens. We had blue spruce, white pine, arborvitae, boxwood, a variety of grasses, & sedum, just to name a few. The fragrance of sweet pine wafted all through the room, making a few of us sneeze.
I had the honor of meeting some of my blogging friends & sisters of my good friend & co-worker Mari. Here you see Cheri, & Terri making a major decision of what next to put on their wreaths.

My camera was getting low on batteries so I didn't get pictures of the finished products but each wreath was a creation of the extension of all the different tastes & personalities that filled the room with a buzz of conversation & laughter. If you visit any of their blogs I'm sure you will see some of the end results of our hard labors. Needless to say we are all looking forward to next years gathering.
This is Mari helping me to finish up one of three of the wreaths I did. I make one to put on the grave of my parents, one for the grave of my sister-in-law who passed away a few years ago of leukemia, & one for my front door.
Our hosts out did themselves with the food they served, their kitchen was filled with the good smells of two different hearty soups, gourmet sandwiches, all served in style. Karla & Diane are a couple of the most talented & crafty ladies I have ever met. If fact Diane is working on writing a book, & has given many of us the privilege of helping to critique what she has written & I must say it is very good.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Yes it was a fun night. Karla and Diane really outdid themselves this time!

Laura said...

It was so much fun! I can't wait until next year! And you're such a good writer on your blog Nancy - you always have such a good way of putting things!

Cathy said...

That looks like so much fun. What a neat little party. And it's great you could get together with some other bloggers. And you made 3 wreaths! Smart and talented is all I can say.