Friday, October 5, 2007

Scholastic Strength

This is something Mari had sent on to me and it was kinda fun.


I now know that at least I am in one of the fields that I should be in. However, where I work we have to use several skills on a daily basis.


Take speech for example its becomes extremely loud at times in order for all the residents to hear what we have to say to them, when I get home, my family tells me I can stop shouting at them they are not deaf. I do not have a loud projecting voice in the first place and many residents can't hear what I have to say unless I use my very loud outside voice.


And then there is communication it becomes very challenging to try to figure out what someone is trying to tell you especially if they are using the language that only they can understand. Gestures work when all else fails in most cases, but then that often needs several people to decipher.


Then you have the conflict studies, when there are several people living in the same building with a myriad of different backgrounds, diagnosis and levels of comprehension levels there is bound to be conflicts. We who work in the field of geriatrics has got to know her physic, and believe me it is used in almost every situation you can imagine. There was once a wonderful godly nurse who worked here and she wouldn't tell a lie if her life depended on it, but after working here for some time she decided that little lies when told in the line of duty to make a resident happy would not be held against us in heaven. We have always held on to that law when caring for these precious old people.


Now medicine, I like to think I have some knowledge in this area especially after being in this business since 1972, granted I do learn new things everyday and will keep on learning as long as my brain and God grants me some form learning power.


As for statistics and finance I will admit I am totally in the dark so I have no clue why these two pop up.... I'm just glad I didn't go into those fields to make a living...

















Your Scholastic Strength Is Evaluating



You are great at looking at many details and putting them all together.
You are talented at detecting subtle trends, accuracy, and managing change.

You should major in:

Statistics
Speech
Conflict studies
Communication
Finance
Medicine



What Should You Major In?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh i do remember Mary S. setting that law of the forgivable lies.Nancy you are an awesome nurse and you serve the elderly with much love and compassion. I still talk loud to. oh well, whats a girl to do?!