Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pumpkin Spice Bars

Well, I told you I would post the recipe for these if they went over and I didn't have any negative remarks so I guess they were good, so here is the recipe:

pumpkin carrot swirl bars:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 large egg whites
1 can (15 oz) Libby's 100% pure pumpkin
1 cup finely shredded carrot

Grease 15-by-10 inch jelly-roll pan. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda. Beat granulated sugar, butter and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until crumbly. Add eggs, egg whites, pumpkin and carrot; beat well until blended. Add flour into mixture; mix well. Spread into prepared pan. Drop teaspoons of Cream Cheese Topping over batter; swirl mixture with spoon. Bake 350 degrees, 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.

Cream Cheese Topping:
Combine 4 ounces softened light cream cheese, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon milk in small mixer bowl until thoroughly blended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

Every fall and winter, I make dozens of pumpkin rolls and sell them for $15 apiece. It's pretty similar to this, but more like a jelly roll. People get pretty addicted to them, I've been financing my Chrsitmases with them for three years. I'll be pocting a how-to in a couple weeks on it.

Bonnie said...

ooooh, these look yummy !

Thanks for stopping by my blog ! You are welcome any time !