Thursday, June 21, 2007

Something for the Guys


This is one of many cars we saw at a recent car show while out in Ca. It was held at the Junior College campus in Medesto, Ca. I thought this one was pretty cool. I'm not sure what it is but it has been customize of course. I don't think they came in this color back in the day they were made. While wandering around the campus grounds they were playing on loud speakers all the oldies but goodies songs from the 60's & 70's especially the ones that had anything to do with cars. It took us back a few years to the simpler ways of life. (I think I recall my parents saying something like that) about life being simpler in the "old days". I'm not sure how we made it without computers, cell phones, MP3 players or Ipods, ( I really don't know much about the latter two) & haven't quite figured out my cell phone yet. I know it will do alot more then I use it for but I can't seem to go anywhere without it now that I have it. Its that whole thing about keeping in touch & knowing that all I have to do is push a button & beep someone, kind of a security thing. Which leads me to a thought I had, about keeping in touch with our Heavenly Father. We don't any kind of a device to contact Him & we can talk to Him all day without any charges. Isn't that a great thing!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mari said...

Love the car - sounds like a fun time. Good point about being in contact with God - no financial charges and no need to be charged up!

Laura said...

That's a good reminder - sometimes it's all those other things that keeps us from being in contact with God because everyone else is contacting us instead, it's hard to get quiet sometimes.