Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What next?? What is this country coming to??

I don't understand the people of this country. How can we as Christians stand by and quietly watch these things unfold????

The president has lifted the ban on stem cell research, clearing the way for significant increase in federal dollars to be used for embryonic stem cell research. This has opened Pandora's box in more ways than one. Where does this man think this money is coming from???

Not to mention the moral ethics of the whole concept of using embryo's (which is a life) as a sacrifice to science?? There is no guarantees of finding treatments and cures through this research. During the Bush administration there has been newer lines created with private monies that are healthier and better suited for treating diseases with proven progress. Biomedical research is important and this administration would be far better served by directing taxpayer funds to research on non-embryonic stem cell, which is both effective and ethical.

We as tax payers should have a say in where our hard earned dollars are going and I for one do not want my money going to this type of research. This administration has chosen for us a false choice between sound science and moral values. This is dictatorship.

Mr Obama says he is a man of "faith" and says he will insist that he will not open the door to human cloning but how can that be any worse than abortion or embryonic stem cell harvesting for treatment to diseases?? None of which are moral, ethical or Bibical in any way shape or form.

In just a few short weeks this President has managed to take away protection of innocent life, and furthering dividing our nation at a time when we need greater unity to deal with the challenges facing us today. Economic strife is taking over common sense. All I can say is God help us!! We need to be on our faces asking God to forgive us for falling so far away from what He meant the human race to be and who to serve.
It isn't the goverment. We are not fooling God.

7 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Now just one cotton pickin minuit, the embros that will be used are the ones that would have been DISGARDED!!!!! NOW GIVEN THE THOUGHT THAT THEY ARE LIFE,BY DISCARDING THEM IS FANCY WORD FOR TROWING THEM OUT.GIVEN THIS IS THAT NOT KILLING LIFE AS WELL?????? So what is it that people have a problem with?? I donot get it.

Unknown said...

I think we need to be praying real hard and looking up because I feel like the Lord will be returning soon! That is a good thing :)

Cathy said...

I had a very bad thing to say about him, regarding how he will go down in history, but I think I will refrain. I don't like anything he has done so far. And yes, the Lord could return soon.

Susan said...

I pray God opens eyes and ears that the people see & hear.
Susan

Cheri said...

I agree Nancy and I also think the Lord could be coming very soon!!

Aspiemom said...

Hi Nancy, I found your blog through Mari's.

I so agree with you about what Obama has been doing. It's hard to even listen to the news anymore - it just breaks my heart the changes he has been making. And if it breaks my heart, how much more must it break God's?

We don't have much say in things anymore, do we?

Anonymous said...

This country will not change by a new president. This country needs a renewal! Renewal in the Lord that is!!! That is the ONLY way it will survive.