Sunday, April 6, 2008

Homes for the fine feathered friends

Today was one beautiful Sunday it's been long time waited for by this Michigan dweller. After church we enjoyed a good lunch at the local Culver's restaurant, where my oldest grand daughter was hard at work. So I got to chat briefly with her, she was busy busy!!! When we got home the sun had warmed up and I got out in the yard did a little raking to get some of the twigs & left over leaves from fall cleaned up, I have a bunch more to do, but it was a start.
Then I decided to get out the bird houses, you know those little birds are just flittin all around and they must be looking for lodging so off to the little red barn where I stored the houses and here you see four of them I put out. Just look at that blue sky... is that pretty or what??? I just hope the birds will accept the accommodations. It's fun to watch them carefully select twigs and string, grass clippings anything suitable for bedding and take it into the houses for their families. They are so funny and some are down right fussy.
We'll be watching these to see if anyone moves in, and don't forget the hummers, and orioles they usually arrive about the same time around the first of May. Do any of the rest of you hang out bird houses??? I'm sure I'm not the only bird watcher here.... It's just fun and God has so many beauties that He has created for us to see.

13 comments:

Cathy said...

I like those little bird houses. I'm sure your little birds will too. It must be fun to watch them. I don't have any houses, but I do have a little bird bath for them.

Susan said...

My husband feed the birds all winter and then he has bluebird houses he has built and he also has a Marten house. Too early to raise the Marten house on its pole yet. We are having lots of beautiful red Cardinals.
Susan

Young Creations said...

I can't wait to see if you get any residents! Please stop by and let me know!
Lauren

Dawn said...

It has indeed been awhile since we connected! Thanks so much for stopping by again.

We love Culver's. They really have such good stuff.

So glad you have a bit of spring. We do, too. The bird houses are wonderful. We had one only, and the squirrels like to chase off the birds. But my dad has designed and built one for us, which he and my husband spent the day Saturday putting into the ground. I'll have to blog about it soon. It's designed to be squirrel-proof! We'll see.

Shelly said...

I like your bird houses Nanc! The weather was great this weekend. I also enjoy watching birds and will have to get a couple bird houses. I like to watch my dog chase this certain bird around the yard while I am mowing the lawn. Last year, I thought the bird was after me. (Which that did happen to me before). But, come to find out that certain bird likes to swoop and get the bugs that I am mixing up with the mower. Sadie (the dog) goes all over the yard, back and forth. Kinda funny!

Felisol said...

Dear Nancy,
thank you for visiting.
You are indeed a busy blogger. I admire the wide range of topics you have on your agenda and find them deeply interesting.

About the birds and the bird houses, we have one feeding house outside our kitchen window. Besides we have quite a few trees on our land, and enjoy watching the birds as they're coming back from their winter vacation down South (Black Sea or Egypt).
Those birdhouses of yours were just wonderful, different in size and shape. Are they handicraft??
I especially like the Song Thrush. It has already arrived and in the evenings one can hear them marking turf and seeking a mate.
April love at its best.
From Felisol

Anonymous said...

Oh girl. you know I love bird watching so I have many feeders through out my yard and gardens.I have 3 hanging on my upper deck so I can watch from the house. Yours are truly fun and inviting for our feathered friends:)
Deb

Cherdecor said...

I love your birdhouses! We hung our bird houses out a few weeks ago, and one house is already being occupied.

We also spent some time outside this weekend picking up sticks and cleaning out leaves. We still have much to do.

Terri said...

I've got to get more seed for our feeder. I love watching the birds come around. Hasn't the weather been gorgeous?!!

Cheri said...

I love the bird feeders- they are beautiful. It was a beautiful day wasn't it- I'm loving it today too!

Mari said...

Sunday was such a nice day! I love your bird houses - I hope the birds find them as charming as I do!

Unknown said...

I love your bird houses. I hope you continue to have spring like weather.

Mimi said...

love your bird houses...my puppies chase all the birds... so they fly away too soon...